Good Morning, Hyattsville! Here are five things you need to know today:
1. There’s a public hearing from 7 to 8 p.m. about the reaccreditation of the Hyattsville Police Department. The meeting will be held at City Hall in the council chambers.
2. Prince George’s County Executive Rushern Baker approved five nominations from the National Register of Historic Places. Those nearby include the University Park Boundary Expansion, College Heights Estates Historic District and Old Town College Park Historic District.
3. Northwestern High School’s summer choir starts at 11 a.m. There will be registration, voice part determination and new songs to learn.
4. The Big Bad Woof pet supply store is ready to open tomorrow at EYA’s Arts District Hyattsville. Check out their website for more info, and be sure to check back with Patch for photos.
5. Are you ready for tonight’s City Council meeting? The group plans to welcome its newest member, Councilman Eric Wingard (Ward 1) who won last month’s special election to fill the remaining two years on Mayor Marc Tartaro’s term.