Elected and school officials from Baltimore County will descend upon Annapolis Wednesday with others from around the state to press for money for school construction and renovation projects.
The county plans to press for nearly during the annual event often referred to as "beg-a-thon."
"We're going to send a really strong message that if we were to get $70 million that we're willing to step up and provide whatever local matching funds are necessary," said Don Mohler, County Executive Kevin Kamenetz's chief of staff and spokesman.
Baltimore County has the second oldest school stock in the state but receiving full funding for the annual list of projects is unlikely.
Gov. Martin O'Malley said earlier this month he hopes to provide more than $370 million into school construction funding in the next budget year.
for the budget year that begins July 1. Last year, the county received a total of $32 million.
Baltimore County is scheduled to make their pitch to the Board of Public Works at 2 p.m.