The Board of Education meets tonight at South Side High School at 8:30 p.m. Here's a look at what they'll be discussing, who they will be honoring and other items for information.
Acceptance of Gifts
- Acceptance of a gift of a grant of $33,224 from the Rockville Centre Education Foundation.
Recognition of Retirees
- Lindasue Burdi — Wilson Elementary
- Ann Ferrara — Wilson Elementary
- Richard Gagliardi — South Side Middle School
- Ann Israeli — South Side Middle School
- Brian Kerr — South Side Middle School
- Maria Maddalena — Wilson Elementary
- Marianne Mancusi — South Side Middle School
- Jacqueline Siller — Riverside Elementary
- Janice Wunsch — Watson Elementary
- Joan Zeller — South Side Middle School
Recognition of Retiring Board Member
- Stephen Kriss
Recognition of Editor of Your Schools
- Suzanne Oppenheimer
Items for Information
- Blackout at Wilson, High School, and Administration Building and Riverside Incident.
- Response to changes in state curriculum, assessments and Regents.
- Destiny Textbook Manager
- Recognition of South Side High School as 85th in the nation and No. 2 on Long Island.