The Maryland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is proud to announce its 20th Annual Komen Maryland Race for the Cure in Hunt Valley, Maryland on October 21, 2012 to honor and celebrate those who have been affected by breast cancer.
The Race is comprised of a 5k (3.1 miles) competitive run (timed), a 5k recreational run, a 5k walk and a 1-mile family fun walk. The 1-mile family fun walk is recommended for families with children and participants who prefer a shorter route.
As Komen Maryland’s largest fundraiser, 75 percent of the net funds raised will go to local programs that offer a comprehensive range of breast health service, from screening and treatment to support services, across the state of Maryland. The remaining 25 percent is distributed at a national level to fund lifesaving research, often taking place at Maryland institutions.
For more information, please visit http://www.komenmd.org/2012 or call 410-433-RACE (7223).
Sunday, October 21, 2012
6:00 am: Survivor, Donation & Registration Tents Open
6:45 am: Parade of Pink (Survivor Recognition Walk)
7:00 am: Survivor Photo
7:15 am: Warm-up
8:00 am: 5k Run (Timed and Untimed)
8:30 am: 5k Walk/1-Mile Family Fun Walk
10:00 am: Awards Ceremony
Where: 11350 McCormick Rd, Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Executive Plaza parking lots (across Shawan Road from Hunt Valley Towne Centre)
- Free parking is available with shuttle service to the event. Free Light Rail transportation is also available to participants with a Race wristband.