Greater Baltimore Medical Center
GBMC is one of two large general hospitals in Towson. The private, non-profit facility has recieved national recognition, most recently in 2007, when US News and World Report named it one of the nation's top 50 ear, nose and throat hospitals. In addition to the hospital facilities, GBMC houses three medical office buildings.
The hilly campus throws open its doors to the community for the twice-annual Nearly New Sale, where community members can donate and buy gently used items to support the hospital.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1960
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Insurance accepted: Most major plans
- Accreditations/certifications: Joint Commission on Accreditation for Health Care Organizations
- Financial assistance: Payment plan
- Parking: Paid lot
- Number of beds: 300
- Type: General
- Features: Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift/flower shop, Valet parking
- Departments: Cancer center, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Physical therapy, Psychiatric ward, Surgery