St. Joseph Medical Center
"Saint Joe's," as it's often called, is Towson's largest and oldest hospital. The Catholic institution provides comprehensive care in a variety of fields. It is perhaps best known for its heart and cancer centers. The 24-hour facility employs more than 1,100 physicians and 2,500 nurses. The hospital was founded by the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia in 1864, but did not move to Towson until 1965, where its leafy, recently renovated campus sits today, right next to Sheppard Pratt and Greater Baltimore Medical Center.
- Hours: Daily, 24 hrs
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1864
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Insurance accepted: Most insurance plans
- Affiliations: Catholic Health Initiatives
- Financial assistance: Patients w/o insurance
- Parking: Paid lot
- Number of beds: 345
- Type: General
- Features: Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift/flower shop, Valet parking
- Departments: Cancer center, Cardiology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Intensive care unit, Internal medicine, Neurology, OB/GYN, Orthopedic services, Pathology, Pediatrics, Physical therapy, Plastic surgery, Psychiatric ward, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgery, Urology
- Visiting hours: Generally, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Some units may have different policies.