Red Cross Assisting In Baltimore County After Power Outages: Officials
BALTIMORE COUNTY, MD — Multiple schools remain closed, days after storms knocked out power to thousands in Baltimore County.
Nearly 8,600 customers are without power in Baltimore County as of 10:15 a.m. on Friday, according to BGE. The storms that hit on Tuesday initially resulted in tens of thousands of outages.
About 90 percent of the power outages were expected to be restored by midnight, according to Baltimore County government personnel. The remaining 10 percent should regain power this weekend, officials said.
These schools are closed due to outages Friday, July 15, according to Baltimore County Public Schools:
- Carroll Manor Elementary School
- Hereford Middle School
- Pot Spring Elementary School
- Riderwood Elementary School
- Summit Park Elementary School
The Cockeysville bus lot is also without power and will be closed Friday, officials say.
To help those without power, the Red Cross will have a presence at the Cockeysville and Hereford libraries on Friday and Saturday as well as at the Jacksonville Senior Center, officials reported. Water will be distributed, county officials said.
Libraries are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, including the Cockeysville branch at 9833 Greenside Drive in Cockeysville and the Hereford branch at 16940 York Rd in Hereford.
The Jacksonville Senior Center at 3605B Sweet Air Road in Phoenix will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 'Abandoned': Baltimore County Residents Without Power After Storms
- 38K In Baltimore County Without Power After Severe Storm
- Kingsville Store Issues Call For Help After Storm Results In Loss
- 14 Schools In Baltimore County Closed Wednesday Due To Outages
To report outages, residents should contact bge.com; use the app; text message MyBGE at 69243; or call customer service at 877-778-2222.
Downed wires should be considered energized at lethal voltages, officials advised; do not touch them or go near them. Instead, call BGE at 1-877-778-2222 to report fallen electrical lines, power outages and gas odors.
More News from Towson
- Free COVID-19 Tests Available For Every MD Home Marylanders can get four more free COVID-19 tests per household. Here’s how to claim yours.
- Man Opens Plane Door, Climbs On Wing Before Flight To BWI Airport A man opened a plane's emergency exit and climbed on the wing before a Baltimore-bound flight, authorities said. He was hospitalized after the mental health emergency.