Labor Day Weekend Roundup from Towson Patch
Thursday September 1st
👉 In this Roundup
Your Labor Day weather forecast is at the end of this story (spoiler: HOT, and cross your fingers for a BBQ).
2 things to keep you busy: info on the 2022 Maryland Renaissance Festival and MD State Fair 2022
There are 5 events coming up next week on the Towson Patch calendar and a few other stories from around town, including the Whole Foods space has been sold to investors.
We also have 4 posts from your neighbors including one from Ray Weiss in News Tips (thanks!).
Read on for more, and if you can, support Towson Patch!
In case you missed it: 2 things to do this weekend
Statewide Interest: The Maryland Renaissance Festival is open for 2 months. Find dates, parking, ticket info, food vendors and more.
CROWNSVILLE, MD — The 2022 Maryland Renaissance Festival is here. The Crownsville festival opened its 46th season on Saturday. The nine-week event will run Saturdays, Sundays and Labor Day Monday through Oct. 23.
The festival takes place at the Anne Arundel County Fairgrounds, located at 1821 Crownsville Road. The 27-acre site, known as the Village of Revel Grove, will feature more…
Statewide interest -- the schedule for the 2022 MD state fair: it starts Aug. 25 and will run for 3 weekends.
BALTIMORE COUNTY, MD — Visitors to the Maryland State Fair — which opens Thursday, Aug. 25 — have more time to enjoy the food, rides, and entertaining shows this year. Organizers have extended the 2022 fair dates to run over three long weekends.
The 141st state fair will be open on these dates:
Thursday, Aug. 25 to Sunday, Aug. 28 Thursday, Sept. 1 to Monday, Sept. 5 Thursday, Sept…
Other stories we are watching around Towson:
- Bel-Loc Diner-turned-Starbucks in Towson hits the market for $2.45M from Baltimore Business JournalThe Business Journals (Thursday Sep 1)
- Towson Row's Whole Foods space sells to New York investor for $26.8M from Baltimore Business JournalThe Business Journals (Thursday Sep 1)
- Women's Volleyball to Open 2022 Season at Towson Tournament from Princeton University AthleticsPrinceton Athletics (Wednesday Aug 31)
Towson Patch needs your support. Please consider signing up to support local news in our community.
What's coming up:
On the Calendar (Post your event!)
- Sat Sep 10 11:00 am: Towson Fall Festival
- Sat Sep 10 9:30 am: Operation Christmas Child Project Leader Workshop
- Sat Sep 10 10:00 am: On-Site MidCentury, Retro Antique Sale
- Sat Sep 17 8:00 am: Car Trunk Flea Market
Other Events Around Town
- Labor Day - Schools and Offices Closed
SES Back-to-School Night Grades K-2 6:30 pm
Tuesday, September 6
Baltimore, MD 21212
From our neighbors:
4 posts on the Community board
- News Tip: Ray Weiss posted a news tip on Wed August 31, 2022 12:23 pm: Chris Schantz, a Program Manager with aerospace and defense technology company Northrop Grumman Corporation, is the newest member of The Arc… Read more
- News Tip: Ray Weiss posted a news tip on Thu August 18, 2022 11:02 am:
Teresa D. Teare has been named the 2023 Employment Law – Management “Lawyer of the Year” for the Baltimore region. In addition, 11 other partners… Read more
- News Tip: Ray Weiss posted a news tip on Mon August 1, 2022 11:59 am: Moneen Blake, clinical coordinator at The Arc Baltimore, is the winner of the organization’s 2022 Community Connection Award.
Presented during The… Read more
- Question: Elizabeth Janney asked a question on Thu July 7, 2022 11:03 am: What is your favorite restaurant in Towson? Read more
Weather outlook for Labor Day Weekend
Thursday September 1
Clear throughout the day.
High: 85° Low: 62° with a 0% chance of precipitation with 7 mph winds from the WNW.
Friday September 2
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
High: 83° Low: 67° with a 0% chance of precipitation with 6 mph winds from the E.
Saturday September 3
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
High: 87° Low: 69° with a 2% chance of rain with 5 mph winds from the SSE.
Sunday September 4
Overcast throughout the day.
High: 88° Low: 70° with a 27% chance of rain with 5 mph winds from the SSW.
Monday September 5
Rain in the evening.
High: 85° Low: 69° with a 59% chance of rain with 4 mph winds from the ESE.
There you have it! For more details, check out our weekly weather forecast.