Baltimore County Announces Holiday Closures And Adjusted Trash Collection Schedule For Memorial Day
BALTIMORE COUNTY - In observance of Memorial Day, Baltimore County has announced the closure of all government offices, District and Circuit Courts, public library branches, and parking meters on Monday, May 29. Public transportation services, including CountyRide vans and the Towson Loop, will not be operational on this day.
Residents should also note that there will be no curbside collection of trash, single stream recyclables, and yard materials on Memorial Day, and drop-off centers will be closed. The county will follow a "slide" schedule for make-up collection days during the holiday week. Thus, collections scheduled on or after Monday will take place one day later throughout the week:
- Monday's collections will shift to Tuesday
- Tuesday's collections will shift to Wednesday
- Wednesday's collections will shift to Thursday
- Thursday's collections will shift to Friday
- Friday's collections will shift to Saturday
For those addresses that have a twice-per-week trash schedule, the first collection will occur one day later than usual, and the second collection will not take place.
Residents seeking further information or clarification are advised to check their specific collection schedule on the Bureau of Solid Waste Management's website, or by calling 410-887-2000.
Although drop-off centers will be closed on Memorial Day, they will maintain regular hours on Friday, May 26, and Saturday, May 27. Normal operation will resume on Tuesday, May 30.
More News from Towson
- Free COVID-19 Tests Available For Every MD Home Marylanders can get four more free COVID-19 tests per household. Here’s how to claim yours.
- Man Opens Plane Door, Climbs On Wing Before Flight To BWI Airport A man opened a plane's emergency exit and climbed on the wing before a Baltimore-bound flight, authorities said. He was hospitalized after the mental health emergency.