Massive York Road Fire Causes Building Collapse, No Injuries Reported
COCKEYSVILLE - A major fire on York Road in Cockeysville was successfully tamed on Wednesday night. The blaze resulted in a building collapse, damaging several Antique Row commercial establishments.
According to Baltimore County firefighters, the incident occurred around 3:00 p.m. on the 10800 block of York Road. The primary structure involved was a commercial strip mall with an electronics repair shop and a boutique facing York Road.
According to officials, the building was entirely engulfed and had "fully collapsed" by the evening, around 6 p.m.
More than 100 firefighters responded to the blaze, finally containing the fire by 7:00 p.m. Officials stated that nobody was injured in the fire.
York Road between Warren Road and Wight Avenue was temporarily closed by the Baltimore County Police while they looked into the fire's origins throughout Wednesday evening.
Police officials advised that one lane of York Road near the fire's location will likely remain closed on Thursday morning due to rubble.
The incident also impacted nearby businesses in Antique Row, such as the Integrative Wellness Center, which suffered severe smoke and water damage.
More News from Towson
- Towson's Culinary Stars Set To Shine At 11th Annual Taste of Towson Event Organized by the Towson Chamber of Commerce, this gastronomic gala has carved its niche in the hearts of residents and visitors alike.
- Routine Testing Uncovers Microscopic Parasite In Baltimore's Druid Lake Reservoir A routine test of the Druid Lake Reservoir revealed low levels of Cryptosporidium, a microscopic parasite that can cause gastrointestinal issues.