Meet The Trailblazers: Towson University’s StarTUp Accelerator Announces Summer 2023 Cohort
TOWSON, Md. – The Towson University StarTUp Accelerator welcomes its latest summer cohort with open arms and high expectations. Running from June through July, this innovative program focuses on catalyzing venture creation, pushing boundaries, and disrupting existing markets.
Entrepreneurs whose products or services are beginning to make their mark in their industry are the prime candidates for the Accelerator. This year's cohort is an intriguing blend of tech solutions, social impact startups, and innovative food enterprises.
Each selected founder is granted a $10,000 equity-free stipend. The package also includes mentorship, exclusive programming, and valuable networking opportunities with successful alums.
The selected teams are expected to relocate to the StarTUp at the Armory, the University's award-winning entrepreneurship hub in downtown Towson.
The summer program culminates in a showcase on September 14 at the StarTUp at the Armory building, where the cohort will present their progress to the public.
Before the showcase, the public will have an opportunity to meet the StarTUp cohort at a meet-and-greet on June 21. It will also serve as a platform to learn more about the free StarTUp coworking community.
The selected ventures for the summer 2023 StarTUp cohort are:
- Bettor Vision: Bettor Vision is a free mobile app that combines sports fans' traditional fantasy, daily fantasy, and sports betting accounts to allow consumers to have a better view of all their accounts, bets, and contests in one place. Founded by Brett Lanier and Geoff Doyle.
- Celcy: Celcy, the automated Nespresso of food, is a patented IOT, autonomous countertop robot that combines a freezer and an oven into a single compact device to offer unparalleled, on-demand, quality food all from your phone. Founded by Maxwell Wieder and Edward Holzinger.
- HelloTask: HelloTask empowers blue-collar workers by connecting them with better jobs. Founded by Mehedi Hasan Shoron and Mahmudul Hasan Likhon.
- Fem Equity: Fem Equity is an HR tech platform that creates solutions for women and underrepresented professionals going through pay or professional gaps in real-time. Founded by: Susan Ganz TU Fellows: Adeola Ajani and Chidera Egbuche.
- getGFTD: getGFTD is a fintech social app that makes sending and receiving gifts—anytime and anywhere—seamless, convenient, meaningful, and fun. Founded by: Nina Guise-Gerrity.
- CurveAssure: CurveAssure optimizes spinal assessment and surgical selection with dynamic posture analysis to personalize patient pathways and improve clinical effectiveness. Founded by: Antony Fuleihan and Evan Haas.
- Inversion: Inversion is a financial technology platform revolutionizing housing solutions. Founded by: Somto Nweke and Marlhon Jean-Michel.
- Game4Good: Game4Good is a game tech company building auxiliary SaaS solutions for the video game and esports industry to help pivot gaming from just entertainment to social impact. Founded by: Dexter Carr.
- Everybody Eats: Everybody Eats is a Food Truck Company providing a low-cost menu to tackle food insecurity on college campuses and in the surrounding community while putting 10% back into community rebuilding initiatives! Founded by: Susan Ganz TU Student Fellows: Jared Hamlin, Bryce Carter and Bruno Verdonk.
More News from Towson
- BCPS Invites Community To Discuss Budgetary Challenges And Solutions Baltimore County Public Schools has announced a series of five "Community Conversations" this October and November, to gather input on the Fiscal Year (FY) 2025 Operating Budget.
- Towson's Culinary Stars Set To Shine At 11th Annual Taste of Towson Event Organized by the Towson Chamber of Commerce, this gastronomic gala has carved its niche in the hearts of residents and visitors alike.