Newly Appointed Superintendent Dr. Myriam Yarbrough Unveils 39-Member Transition Team
BALTIMORE COUNTY - Newly appointed Baltimore County Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Myriam Yarbrough has unveiled her 39-person transition team that will help steer her forthcoming term starting on July 1, 2023.
The team, composed of current and retired BCPS educators, higher education administrators, business and community partners, and law enforcement representatives, brings a rich diversity of experiences and perspectives to the table, according to Yarbrough.
From June 26 to July 14, 2023, the transition team will assess the school system's current teaching, learning, operations, and culture. They will be tasked with creating short-term and long-term recommendations for system progress in various focus areas, including student achievement, facility management, information technology, professional development, special education, and communications and family engagement.
"The work requires that we collaboratively take bold and strategic steps to increase achievement for all students and make certain that each student at every school is meeting their full potential. I am so grateful for each leader who has agreed to serve on the transition team," Yarbrough said.
The team will compile a report of their findings and strategic recommendations to be shared with the BCPS community in August 2023.
Dr. Douglas Anthony, director at the Center for Educational Innovation and Improvement, University of Maryland College Park, and Jill Snell, Coordinator of Organizational Development at BCPS, will co-chair the team.
Transition team members include:
- C. Michelle Anderson, principal, Eastern Technical High School, BCPS
- Nick Argyros, president, Baltimore County Public Schools Organization of Professional Employees, BCPS
- Elizabeth Becker, director, Facilities Operations and Logistics, BCPS
- Nicole Bridges, 2023-2024 BCPS Assistant Principal of the Year and BCPS assistant principal, Towson High School
- Billy Burke, executive director, Council of Administrative and Supervisory Employees (CASE), BCPS
- Barbara Burnopp, retired senior executive director of Business Operations, BCPS
- Adam Carney, principal, Cockeysville Middle School, BCPS
- Dr. Doug Elmendorf, executive director, Academic Programs and Options, BCPS
- Bryan Epps, president, American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) Local 434, BCPS
- Beverly Folkoff, 2023-2024 BCPS Teacher of the Year and teacher, Relay Elementary School
- Rita Fromm, retired chief of staff, BCPS
- Douglas Handy, executive director, Equity and Cultural Proficiency, BCPS
- Gevene Harden, bilingual senior communications officer, BCPS
- Dr. Donna Hollingshead, retired associate superintendent for school administration, Montgomery County Public Schools, and adjunct professorial lecturer at American University
- Engr Johnson, 2023-2024 BCPS Transportation Service Champion and dispatcher, Department of Transportation
- Dr. Racquel Jones, consulting administrator, BCPS
- Sergeant Eric Knox, assistant safe schools facilitator, Baltimore County Police Department
- Kim Kuhr, business manager, Department of Transportation, BCPS
- Dr. Sandra Kurtinitis, president, Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC)
- Sam Mustipher, executive director of schools, BCPS
- Gboyinde Onijala, director, Department of Communications and Community Outreach, BCPS
- Buddy Parker, principal advisor and retired secondary principal, BCPS
- Delegate Cheryl Pasteur, former vice chair, Board of Education of Baltimore County, and retired secondary principal, BCPS
- Deborah Phelps, executive director, The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools
- Sandra Reid, principal advisor and retired secondary principal, BCPS
- Stacy Rodgers, chief administrative officer, Baltimore County Government
- Jean Satterfield, BCPS principal advisor and retired assistant state superintendent, Maryland State Department of Education
- Dr. Skipp Sanders, retired deputy superintendent, Maryland State Department of Education
- Denise Saulsbury, 2023-2024 BCPS Supervisory Leader of the Year, BCPS supervisor, Academic Programs and Options
- Cindy Sexton, president, Teachers Association of Baltimore County (TABCO), BCPS
- Joanna Crandall-Sick, 2023-2024 BCPS Supporting Services Employee of the Year and paraeducator, Relay Elementary School
- Dr. Jack Smith, retired superintendent, Maryland State Department of Education, Montgomery County Public Schools, and Calvert County Public Schools
- Lauren Tillman, principal, Scotts Branch Elementary School, BCPS
- Sue Truesdell, principal advisor and retired executive director of schools, BCPS
- Melanie Webster, director, Purchasing, BCPS
- Barry Williams, retired Baltimore County Government director of Recreation and Parks and former BCPS principal
- Jeanette Young, president, Education Support Professionals of Baltimore County (ESPBC), BCPS
More News from Towson
- BCPS Invites Community To Discuss Budgetary Challenges And Solutions Baltimore County Public Schools has announced a series of five "Community Conversations" this October and November, to gather input on the Fiscal Year (FY) 2025 Operating Budget.
- Towson's Culinary Stars Set To Shine At 11th Annual Taste of Towson Event Organized by the Towson Chamber of Commerce, this gastronomic gala has carved its niche in the hearts of residents and visitors alike.