Lane Closures Planned For Sections Of I-695 In Central Baltimore County
BALTIMORE COUNTY - The Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration (MDOTSHA) is warning motorists to prepare for delays along I-695 in central Baltimore County this week.
The agency has scheduled lane closures along several sections of I-695 from the evening of Sunday, August 13, through the afternoon of Friday, August 18.
According to MDOTSHA, the closures will facilitate utility relocation, enhancements to roadside facilities, upgrades to Intelligent Transportation Systems equipment, and repositioning of both temporary and enduring traffic barriers.
More details about the project can be accessed online. All proposed construction and lane restrictions dates are dependent on favorable weather conditions.
Here's what to expect this week:
Nightly Lane Restrictions:
- Westbound I-695 (outer loop) between MD 25 (Falls Road) and Stevenson Road will see single-lane restrictions starting at 8 p.m., progressing to double-lane limits from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m., beginning Sunday, August 13, and lasting till Thursday, August 17.
- For those traveling Eastbound on I-695 (inner loop) between MD 140 (Reisterstown Road) and I-83, expect double lane closures from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. during the same dates.
Daytime Shoulder Limitations:
- On the Westbound I-695 (outer loop) stretch from I-95 to I-83, the right shoulder will be off-limits from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Monday to Friday, August 14-18.
- Similarly, the right shoulder will be closed during the same time frame and days for those moving Westbound/Southbound on I-695 (outer loop) from I-83 to I-70.
The State Highway Administration urges drivers to maintain vigilance and be patient during these transitions. Safe travels!
More News from Towson
- 6 MD Hospitals Ranked Among World's Best: Newsweek These six Maryland hospitals were just ranked among the world’s best.
- Missing Teen From Baltimore County Found Safely: Police A missing teen from Nottingham was found safely, police said.