Final Weekend Of 142nd Maryland State Fair: Star-Studded Concerts, Bull Riding And More
TIMONIUM - The 142nd Maryland State Fair will wrap up the 2023 season with a packed schedule for its final weekend from September 7 to September 10.
Fair buildings will be open from 5 PM to 9 PM on Thursday, while the Carnival Midway will welcome visitors from 5 PM until closing time. Friday through Sunday will see extended hours, with buildings open from 10 AM to 9 PM and the Carnival Midway from 10 AM until close. Admission gates close at 9 PM and minors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult after 6 PM.
The final weekend features a star-studded lineup for M&T Bank's Live! ON TRACK! Concert Series. Friday's lineup includes rock band All Time Low, along with opening acts Mayday Parade, Gym Class Heroes, Grayscale, and Lauran Hibbard. The show kicks off at 5:30 PM, with gates opening at 5 PM.
On Saturday, singer-songwriter Quinn XCII (pronounced Quinn 92), supported by opening act Visors, will take the stage at 6 PM, with gates opening at 5 PM. Tickets for both concerts are general admission lawn seats and can be purchased on the fair's website.
The action doesn't stop with the music; the J Bar W Ranch is bringing back the Battle of the Beasts Professional Bull Riding and Cowgirl Barrel Racing on Thursday at 7 PM. Twenty-five professional riders from the International Bull Rider Association (IBR) will face off against some of the world's most challenging bulls, while cowgirls will compete in a timed barrel racing event. The competition will be held in the Horse Show Arena.
The Maryland State Fair also honors local talent and hard work through various 4-H & FFA and Open Class competitions, featuring livestock and horse shows, judging competitions, and exhibits. These will be conducted in several locations, including the Cow Palace, the Sheep, Swine & Goat Barn, and the Horse Show Ring.
For families, the fair will host special 4-H/FFA events throughout its final weekend:
- 4-H/FFA Bicycle Safety Event: Saturday, 10 AM, Cow Palace Main Ring.
- 4-H Dog Show: Saturday, 10 AM, Cow Palace.
- Longhorn Cattle Show: Sunday, 9 AM, Cow Palace.
- 4-H/FFA Small Lawn Tractor Learn/Earn & Safety Event: Saturday, 1 PM, Cow Palace.
- 4-H/FFA Small Engine Event: Saturday, 4 PM, Cow Palace Main Ring.
More News from Towson
- BCPS Invites Community To Discuss Budgetary Challenges And Solutions Baltimore County Public Schools has announced a series of five "Community Conversations" this October and November, to gather input on the Fiscal Year (FY) 2025 Operating Budget.
- Towson's Culinary Stars Set To Shine At 11th Annual Taste of Towson Event Organized by the Towson Chamber of Commerce, this gastronomic gala has carved its niche in the hearts of residents and visitors alike.