Best Hospitals In MD Honored In New Ranking
Patch reporter Megan VerHelst wrote this story.
MARYLAND — The best hospital in Maryland is The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, but five others are ranked in Newsweek’s first-ever list of America’s Best In-State Hospitals.
Every hospital in the country was eligible for the inaugural ranking for 2024, which includes 600 hospitals across all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The results are based on four data sources, including surveys by Newsweek’s data partner, Statista, of doctors, hospital administrators and other healthcare professionals, as well as patients, and Medicare and Medicaid data.
The final scores were weighted on peer recommendations (32.5 percent in-state and 7.5 percent out-of-state), patient experience (17.5 percent), hospital quality metrics (40 percent) and implementation of standardized Patient-Reported Outcome Measures, or PROMs (2.5 percent).
The Maryland hospitals named to the list, along with their score and location, are:
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore: 93.06 percent
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore: 82.07 percent
- University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore: 81.95 percent
- Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis: 79.01 percent
- Saint Joseph Medical Center, Towson: 78.98 percent
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore: 76.77 percent
More News from Towson
- Free COVID-19 Tests Available For Every MD Home Marylanders can get four more free COVID-19 tests per household. Here’s how to claim yours.
- Man Opens Plane Door, Climbs On Wing Before Flight To BWI Airport A man opened a plane's emergency exit and climbed on the wing before a Baltimore-bound flight, authorities said. He was hospitalized after the mental health emergency.