Towson 4th Of July Parade, Race, Fireworks Planned
TOWSON, MD — The Fourth of July Parade and race will take place Monday, July 4, in Towson.
Beforehand, people can participate in the Towson 4 on the 4th 4-mile run of 1,776-meter family fun run. A bike rush is also on the day's agenda.
Here is the lineup of events:
- 8:15 a.m. — 4-mile run/walk begins
- 8:30 a.m. — 1776 family fun run
- 9:30 a.m. — Bike rush at Burke Avenue and Towsontown Blvd.
- 10:30 a.m. — The Towson Fourth of July Parade kicks off on Towsontown Blvd.
The Towson fireworks will be held after dusk at Loch Raven Technical Academy, 8101 LaSalle Road, in Towson.
Fundraising challenges and uncertainty over public health prompted the cancellation in 2021 of the fireworks, although Towson still hosted its Fourth of July Parade. In 2020, the fireworks were canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which also resulted in most events being canceled.
Related: Towson Fireworks For 2022 To Return
More News from Towson
- Free COVID-19 Tests Available For Every MD Home Marylanders can get four more free COVID-19 tests per household. Here’s how to claim yours.
- Man Opens Plane Door, Climbs On Wing Before Flight To BWI Airport A man opened a plane's emergency exit and climbed on the wing before a Baltimore-bound flight, authorities said. He was hospitalized after the mental health emergency.