Shawe Rosenthal Ranked in Top Tier of Maryland's Labor and Employment Firms
For the 17th
consecutive year, Shawe Rosenthal LLP has been ranked in the top tier of Maryland labor and employment law firms by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business – one of only two firms in the state to receive this prestigious recognition.
In addition to the firm’s ranking, 11 Shawe Rosenthal partners were honored as top individual labor and employment law practitioners – an increase of one from the prior year and the most of any firm practicing labor and employment law in Maryland. They are:
- Co-Managing Partner Gary L. Simpler, who is well-known for his experience working with employers in the healthcare and manufacturing sectors;
- Co-Managing Partner Teresa D. Teare, who represents companies in employment-related litigation and counsels management on human resources issues;
- Eric Hemmendinger, who represents management in employment law litigation, including complex class/collective actions and jury trials, and in traditional labor law;
- Darryl G. McCallum, who defends companies in employment litigation matters and conducts investigations into employee complaints and concerns, including Title IX;
- J. Michael McGuire, who represents management before the NLRB, negotiating collective bargaining agreements and arbitrating labor and employment disputes;
- Fiona W. Ong, who works closely with employers on various employment matters, provides advice and counsel to human resources and management, and develops handbooks and agreements;
- Stephen D. Shawe, who represents clients in labor and employment matters with a concentration in the retail and manufacturing industries;
- Mark J. Swerdlin, who has extensive experience defending employers in discrimination claims and representing management in labor matters;
- Parker E. Thoeni, who represents management in employment litigation and administrative proceedings and provides advice and counsel to employers regarding personnel matters;
- Elizabeth Torphy-Donzella, who defends employers in cases involving employment discrimination, harassment, contracts, and torts, and provides human resources counseling; and
- Lindsey A. White, who works closely with employers to prevent and defend employment law claims, including recommending and providing representation in mediation or settlement negotiations.
Chambers ranks both lawyers and law firms based upon their reputation among peers and clients. Research for the ranking is conducted by more than 170 full-time editors and researchers.
Chambers USA is part of Chambers & Partners (www.chambersandpartners.com), a prominent, London-based research and publishing organization which has been ranking the best lawyers since 1990 and now covers more than 200 jurisdictions.
About Shawe Rosenthal LLP (http://www.shawe.com/)
Shawe Rosenthal LLP has a national reputation as management’s workplace lawyers. Celebrating its 75th
anniversary this year, Shawe Rosenthal represents and advises management through both traditional employment and labor law matters, as well as the latest challenges of COVID-19. The firm’s clients range from Fortune 100 companies to smaller businesses and non-profits in a wide range of industries. Its practice includes both litigation and preventive measures. Shawe Rosenthal’s tenacious, results-oriented approach produces results in the courtroom, respect in agency proceedings, and sound, proactive guidance in workplace policy.